Lord Howe Island Photography With Michael Snedic
Capture some spectacular memories on a Lord Howe Island Photography Workshop with Pro Wildlife and Nature Photographer, Michael Snedic. Join the workshop in November 2018.
Lord Howe Island Photography With Michael Snedic
Learn how to capture amazing images on the Lord Howe Island Photography Workshop with Pro Wildlife and Nature Photographer, Michael Snedic. Michael is one of Australia’s most accomplished wildlife and nature photographers. He has been photographing across Australia (and overseas) for the past 20 years and he has loved every minute of it!
About Lord Howe Island
A 'treasure island' of extraordinary contrasts, with rugged volcanic peaks, lush forests, rolling surf and serene lagoons, Lord Howe Island is encircled by the world's southern-most coral reef and was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1982. Long recognised for its pristine natural heritage, around 75% of the island is permanently preserved as marine park and subtropical rainforest.
Rising from the Tasman Sea just 700km northeast of Sydney, this tiny, breathtakingly beautiful island is just 11km long and 2.8km at widest. Around 300 people are lucky enough to call the Island home and visitor numbers are restricted to 400 at any one time. It’s a timeless natural paradise, where the pace is relaxed but where there are plenty of activities and adventures to choose from. Unspoiled, uncrowded beaches — with perfect golden sands — entice surfers, swimmers and sybarites.
The crystal lagoon is bordered by the world’s most southerly coral reef. Just wander in off the beach to snorkel among colourful tropical and sub-tropical fish, turtles and other marine life. Or head further off-shore to SCUBA dive on world-class sites. The water is so clean and clear, it’s like swimming in an aquarium.
Families love the safety and variety of kids’ activities; lovers find romance in the island’s secluded corners, natural beauty, luxury lodges and fine dining establishments. For adventurers, there are bushwalks and more strenuous hikes, including Mt Gower, rated as one of the world’s best day walks. And to ease tired muscles, there is a choice of spa treatments. To set foot on Lord Howe Island is to escape to a pristine environment, where you'll be met with friendly hospitality and the kind of holiday experience that you'll never want to leave.
Some of the topics that will be covered during the 7-day “Lord Howe Island Bird and Nature Photography Tour”:
- Birds (including birds in flight)
- Exposure and metering
- Focusing and focal points
- Live View
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Image critique
4 - 10 November 2018 depart Brisbane
Photography packages are $4469 per person twin share
Partner packages are $3569 per person twin share (excludes photography tuition)
Travel Package price includes:
- Return economy class airfare to Lord Howe Island ex Brisbane
- All pre-paid airline taxes
- Return airport transfers on Lord Howe Island
- Six night’s accommodation staying at Ocean View Apartments
- Photography tuition and coaching as per the itinerary (Photography participants only)
- North Bay Lagoon Cruise with Picnic
- Welcome Dinner at Coral Café & Restaurant
Please note: One piece only checked baggage max 14 kgs plus one piece hand luggage max 7 kgs allowed. Should you require additional baggage for photography equipment, we will need to organize this well in advance. You will be required to purchase additional seats for excess baggage.
Prices subject to flight availability and can change without notice. Flight times can change without notice
Please note prices are current today and subject to change without notice up until time of final payment and ticketing is completed.
Please note there is a non-refundable deposit of $300 per person due upon confirmation of booking.
Full payment is due prior to 30 July 2018.
- Name changes are permitted without penalty up to 48hrs prior to scheduled departure. Between 48-24hrs prior to scheduled departure, name changes are permitted at a fee for each name change. If name changes are requested after a fare increase, each reissued tickets will attract the increased fare level, and the name change fee per ticket.
- Name changes are not permitted within 24 hours of scheduled departure.
- After ticketing, and up to 21 days prior departure date changes are permitted at the applicable fee per person per transaction plus any applicable additional charges will apply. Date changes are subject to specific group class availability. Should the original fare not be available, upgrade to a higher fare is permitted.
Inside 14 days of departure changes are not permitted. Full cancellation fees will apply. This includes rebooking a flight from a future to a flight departing on the same day of rebooking.
Cancellation and No Shows
- Cancellation of more than 30 days prior to scheduled departure, the deposit for each seat cancelled will be forfeited.
- Should cancellation occur within 21-7 days of scheduled departure 50% of the whole fare will be forfeited as cancellation fee.
- For cancellation inside 7 days prior to departure or no show of the scheduled departure - the whole fare will be forfeited.
- No-Show will be considered a cancellation and full penalties apply.
One piece only checked baggage max 14 kgs plus one piece hand luggage max 7 kgs allowed. Should you require additional baggage for photography equipment, we will need to organize this well in advance. You may be required to purchase additional seats for excess baggage.
Prices shown are in Australian dollars unless otherwise stated. Prices are valid for payment by personal or bank cheques or by direct deposit into Norfolk Island Travel Centre client trust account. If you prefer to pay by Visa or Mastercard please note credit card surcharge of 1.5% applies to AUD prices.