Norfolk Island Bird Week
Join local Norfolk Island bird expert Margaret Christian, along with Derek Ball, CEO Wildmob Wilderness Conservation and Chair of Island Arks Australia for the Norfolk Island Bird Week. Their wealth of knowledge will provide a fun-filled week of bird watching.
Norfolk Island Bird Week
Join local Norfolk Island bird expert Margaret Christian, along with Derek Ball, CEO Wildmob Wilderness Conservation and Chair of Island Arks Australia. Their wealth of knowledge will provide a fun-filled week of bird watching.
A highlight of the week will be a presentation on the endemic and endangered Norfolk Island Green Parrot.
The Norfolk Island Group is a globally important biodiversity hotspot and has been designated as an ‘Important Bird Area’ by Birdlife International. The group is a breeding site for several 100,000 seabirds including the masked booby, grey ternlet, white tern, sooty tern, & wedge-tailed shearwater. Phillip Island supports one of the largest breeding populations of red-tailed tropic birds in Australia.
Norfolk itself is home to the endemic & endangered Norfolk Island Green Parakeet, & other endemic birds such as the Norfolk Island golden whistler & Norfolk Island scarlet robin.
The various birdwatching sessions throughout Bird Week will be scheduled (and repeated if necessary) to ensure there is no more than 15 birdwatchers at any one time per Guide.
For further information about travel to Norfolk Island, please contact us on Australian free call number 1800 1400 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
18 - 25 November 2017 depart Brisbane
From $1869 per person twin share
17 - 24 November 2017 depart Sydney
From $1919 per person twin share
18 - 25 November 2017 depart Auckland
From AU$1949 OR NZ$2329 per person twin share
Holiday package inclusions:
- Return economy class ‘seat plus bag’ airfare to Norfolk Island ex Sydney, Brisbane or Auckland
- Meet & greet at the Norfolk Island Airport
- 7 night’s accommodation
- 7 days car hire per apartment – petrol is additional
- Norfolk Island Bird book by Margaret Christian
- Welcome Dinner at Castaway, followed by welcome briefing
- Discover the world of Norfolk Island’s unique & endemic bird fauna with Margaret Christian (Green Eyes Tour), followed by lunch
- Experience Norfolk Island Birds by night
- Guided birding tours of Norfolk Island’s rainforest & seabird breeding colonies
- Presentations by researchers & managers of the endemic & endangered Norfolk Island Green Parrot
- Meet a local Park Ranger over dinner at Mariah’s Restaurant
- Half Day Island Tour
- Entry to Fletcher’s Mutiny Cyclorama
- Farewell Dinner followed by closing presentation
- Complimentary Mini Golf & A Walk in the Wild rainforest walk
- Bonus Norfolk Island discount shopping card
Please note prices are current today and subject to change without notice up until time of final payment and ticketing.
Please note that a non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is due upon booking. Final payment is due no later than 17th August 2017. Airfare is subject to availability and non-refundable after issue. Changes are permitted until day before departure however date/route changes can only be made within 7 days travel dates either side of your original booked travel dates. Amendments, upgrades and name changes are NOT permitted within 24 hours prior to departure. Payment of a change fee (per passenger) applies plus any applicable upgrade fees to cover the difference between the original fare and the new fare. Accommodation cancellation penalties apply within 90 days prior to travel. Within 60 days of travel, up to 100% cancellation fees may apply. We strongly recommend travel insurance to protect you in some instances for unforeseen cancellation.
Prices shown are in Australian dollars unless otherwise stated (New Zealand prices indicated by NZ$ prefix). Prices are valid for payment by personal or bank cheques or by direct deposit into Norfolk Island Travel Centre client trust account. If you prefer to pay by Visa or Mastercard please note credit card surcharge of 1.5% applies to AUD prices. For NZ$ packages paying by Visa or Mastercard, the transaction will be converted to AUD (amount reconfirmed to you on the day of the transaction) and processed via our AUD merchant facility.