Food Lovers Week
08 December 2023 - 16 December 2023Price
from $2349 pp twin shareDetails
The most delicious week on Norfolk Island guiding food lovers through the best of Norfolk Island’s local, seasonal fresh produce, meals and experiences.
Holiday Package Inclusions
Food Lovers Week Package
We’ve put together the most delicious week on Norfolk Island bringing together a range of meals and experiences that are sure to satisfy food lovers!
S a v o u r t h e f l a v o u r s o f o u r S o u t h P a c i f i c P a r a d i s e !
A package showcasing seasonal produce and stunning cuisine.
Enjoy an array of sumptuous meals and unique experiences celebrating Norfolk Island's cultural heritage and relaxed way of life!
This year we are offering an exclusive package for food lovers.
✓Welcome drinks and gourmet canapes
✓ High Tea at Seriously Chocolate
✓ A Grateful Eco-Offering at Prinke Eco Store
✓ 2 course dinner at Hilli Restaurant
✓ Brewing tasting paddle at Castaway Hotel
✓ 6 course Degustation at Governor's Lodge
✓ Taste of Norfolk tour with Baunti Escapes
✓ 3 course dinner at The Homestead
Holiday Package Prices
Food Lovers package
- Welcome drinks gourmet Canapes: A delicious, stylish - and relaxed - way to begin your week on Norfolk Island with a drink and fabulous canapes using our freshest local produce. Held at Governors Lodge
- Norfolk Infusion High Tea: A multi-course offering of treats created from locally produced teas, meats, fish, vegies, fruit and honey washed down with a mocktail!. A talk on establishing local foodie industries, hunter-gathering and micro-greens will be delivered in between each course leaving both your belly and mind beautifully sated. Held at Seriously Chocolate
- A Grateful Eco-Offering: Over coffee and a ‘good for you’ and delicious tasting plate of bite sized treats, hear the story of one of Norfolk’s newest stores focusing on the Island’s and Islanders health by selling both local and organic bulk produce to reduce packaging, plastic and waste. (Prinke means to be extremely grateful in the Norf’k language). Held at Prinke Eco-Store
- Hilli Restaurant Dinner: You’ll love this mid-week dinner at local favourite Hilli Restaurant with all meals lovingly made with Norfolk’s freshest local foods.
- Tasting Paddle: Taste locally made beers at Norfolk Island Brewing including Larger, Pale Ale, Golden Ale and Porter as owner/brewer Tony tells you the story of making beer on norfolk Island. If you’re not keen on beer, taste their cider, wine or other non-alcoholic drinks. Held at Castaway Bar and Restaurant
- Degustation Luncheon at Governors Lodge: Enjoy a sublime 6 course culinary experience – featuring fresh local cuisine
- A Taste of Norfolk Tour: Meet our passionate local producers including a bee-keeper, beef and vegie providers as well as a salt maker and tanner! Move on to a cooking demonstration to hear about the origins and cooking procedures for our local, traditional dishes.
- Farewell Dinner at The Homestead: A fabulous way to finish a delicious week on Norfolk Island. At the heart of owners Kurt and Jill Mengehetti’s kitchen is the wood fuelled Argentinian Perilla grill engineered by Kurt's dad. The 3 course menu is designed around cooking over embers to intensify and develop the depth of flavour of the seasonal local produce, meat and seafood found on Norfolk Island.
Terms and Conditions
Prices are indicative only, subject to availability & change without notice up until time of final payment and ticketing is completed– Travel insurance strongly recommended
Deposit and final payment
Package prices advertised are subject to availability at time of booking. A non-refundable deposit per person is due upon booking: $250 if booking prior to 20 April 2023; or $1000 if booking after 20 April 2023. Final payment is due prior to 09 September 2023. In some cases air tickets will be issued within 24 hours of making the reservation. Airfare is subject to availability and non-refundable after issue. Tickets are non-transferable. Accommodation cancellation penalties apply within 90 days prior to travel. Within 60 days of travel, up to 100% cancellation fees may apply. We therefore strongly recommend travel insurance to protect you against some unforeseen cancellations.
Non-refundable deposits are taken on behalf of suppliers as assurance of payment for services we book for you as well as for the service we have undertaken on your behalf. There are many reasons why people decide to cancel traveling and in all cases deposits remain non-refundable.
IMPORTANT ADVICE FOR NORFOLK ISLAND
NB: Travel restrictions and entry requirements may change at short notice. Please check back regularly for updated information.
It is important that you keep up to date with the latest government requirements available at: http://www.norfolkisland.gov.nf/covid-19-advice-norfolk-island
It is strongly recommended that you still undertake a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) for COVID-19 within 48 hours of departing and if this is positive do not travel to the Island. Norfolk Island has very limited health facilities compared with the mainland and particularly if you are elderly, unvaccinated or with a comorbidity and become infected with COVID-10 you will strain these facilities.
There remains a mandatory requirement to report a positive result to wither PCR or RAT for COVID-19 to the Norfolk Island Health and Residential aged Care Service 9NIHRACS) whilst on the Island. This will result in self-isolation until your symptom free, at your own cost.
Prices shown are in Australian dollars and are payable by personal or bank cheques or by direct deposit into our Commonwealth Bank account (please see bank details below). If you would prefer to pay by Visa or Mastercard, please add 1.5% to the total cost of your holiday package.
A word from your dedicated travel agent - Cici
Here at Norfolk Island Travel Centre, we are experts in arranging group travel!
Please let me know if there are 10+ in your group who would like to travel as there may be discounts I can secure for you.
Meeting the locals’ really is part of a Norfolk Island experience, so make sure to do so even before you travel. You’ll surely find much more than you expected on a Norfolk Island holiday.
I’d be delighted to help you with your travel bookings. Please enquire today!