Food Lovers Guide to Norfolk Island
25 November 2022 - 03 December 2022Price
from $1629 pp twin shareDetails
The most delicious week on Norfolk Island guiding food lovers through the best of Norfolk Island’s local, seasonal fresh produce, meals and experiences.
Holiday Package Inclusions
The most delicious week on Norfolk Island guiding food lovers through the best of Norfolk Island’s local, seasonal fresh produce, meals and experiences. Our week includes a Public Holiday for Thanksgiving Day traditionally celebrated by Norfolk Islanders as a result of their unique cultural ancestry and centers around sumptuous and delicious ‘wetls’ (food).
This year we are offering an exclusive package for food lovers.
We’ve put together the most delicious week on Norfolk Island bringing together a range of meals and experiences that are sure to satisfy food lovers! This week includes a Public Holiday for Thanksgiving Day on the last Wednesday of November, celebrated by Norfolk Islanders as a result of their unique cultural ancestry. Thanksgiving Day traditionally includes a celebration of thanksgiving at local churches followed by sumptuous and delicious home cooked ‘wetls’ (food). Included in this package is a fabulous Thanksgiving Day lunch as well as a full week of meals and experiences to bring you the best Food Lovers Guide to Norfolk Island!
Holiday Package Prices
Food Lovers Guide to Norfolk Island - Optional Extras Package: $550 per person
- Welcome drinks and 5 gourmet Canapes: A delicious, stylish - and relaxed - way to begin your week on Norfolk Island with a drink and fabulous canapes made by Carli Christian using, of course, our freshest local produce. Held at The Local
- Norfolk Infusion High Tea: A multi-course offering of treats created from locally produced teas, meats, fish, vegies, fruit and honey washed down with a mocktail!. A talk on establishing local foodie industries, hunter-gathering and micro-greens will be delivered in between each course leaving both your belly and mind beautifully sated. Held at Seriously Chocolate
- A Grateful Eco-Offering: Over coffee and a ‘good for you’ and delicious tasting plate of bite sized treats, hear the story of one of Norfolk’s newest stores focusing on the Island’s and Islanders health by selling both local and organic bulk produce to reduce packaging, plastic and waste. (Prinke means to be extremely grateful in the Norf’k language). Held at Prinke Eco-Store
- Hilli Restaurant: You’ll love this mid-week dinner at local favourite Hilli Restaurant with all meals lovingly made with Norfolk’s freshest local foods.
- Tasting Paddle: Taste locally made beers at Norfolk Island Brewing including Larger, Pale Ale, Golden Ale and Porter as owner/brewer Tony tells you the story of making beer on norfolk Island. If you’re not keen on beer, taste their cider, wine or other non-alcoholic drinks. Held at Castaway Bar and Restaurant
- Entry to Kingston Market Night: Join locals and sample all the fabulous food that Norfolk Island has to offer, with stalls from local food producers showcasing cuisine from all over the world. There will be live entertainment, competitions and more! Held within the picturesque and historic KAVHA World Heritage-listed site at Kingston with bar service available.
- Thanksgiving Day Lunch: Enjoy the Public Holiday on Norfolk with a traditional Thanksgiving Day lunch - with a twist - as Castaway Restaurant serve platters of traditional roast meats and fabulous seasonal vegetables followed by delectable desserts. Drinks available at the bar.
- A taste of Norfolk: Meet our passionate local producers including a bee-keeper, beef and vegie providers as well as a salt maker and tanner! Move on to a cooking demonstration to hear about the origins and cooking procedures for our local, traditional dishes.
- Farewell Dinner at The Homestead: A fabulous way to finish a delicious week on Norfolk Island. At the heart of owners Kurt and Jill Mengehetti’s kitchen is the wood fuelled Argentinian Perilla grill engineered by Kurt's dad. The menu is designed around cooking over embers to intensify and develop the depth of flavour of the seasonal local produce, meat and seafood found on Norfolk Island.
Please Note: this optional extras package is additional to the holiday package on offer.
Terms and Conditions
Prices are indicative only, subject to availability & change without notice up until time of final payment and ticketing is completed– Travel insurance strongly recommended
Deposit and final payment
Package prices advertised are subject to availability at time of booking. A non-refundable deposit per person is due upon booking: $250 if booking prior to 15 July 2022; or $1000 if booking after 15 July 2022. Final payment is due prior to 17 August 2022. In some cases air tickets will be issued within 24 hours of making the reservation. Airfare is subject to availability and non-refundable after issue. Tickets are non-transferable. Accommodation cancellation penalties apply within 90 days prior to travel. Within 60 days of travel, up to 100% cancellation fees may apply. We therefore strongly recommend travel insurance to protect you against some unforeseen cancellations.
Non-refundable deposits are taken on behalf of suppliers as assurance of payment for services we book for you as well as for the service we have undertaken on your behalf. There are many reasons why people decide to cancel traveling and in all cases deposits remain non-refundable.
Cancellation after final payment and ticketing as a result of Covid19
Bulk Purchase seats: After final payment, and in the event of a lockdown of the Island or border closure from your destination QANTAS policy for bulk purchase class seats affected by Covid19 travel bans is to hold your tickets over as a credit for a replacement date for the group as a whole. Please note QANTAS will not provide a refund and accommodation partners will also only hold your bookings as a credit to be used at a later date and will not offer a refund. Credits are only available after final payment when a travel ban is in place, please note usual cancellation policies apply if cancellation occurs when no travel ban is actually in place from either your area or Norfolk Island.
Instant Purchase seats: After final payment and in the event of a lockdown or border closure affecting your ability to travel, Qantas policy will allow you to either cancel your ticket, and a cancellation fee may be charged in accordance with your fare rules; or a flight credit will be issued to hold your tickets over for a replacement date subject to availability. Please note that accommodation partners will only hold your bookings as a credit to be used at a later date and will not offer a refund. Credits are only available after final payment when a travel ban is in place, please note usual cancellation policies apply if cancellation occurs when no travel ban is actually in place from either your area or Norfolk Island.
Prices shown are in Australian dollars and are payable by personal or bank cheques or by direct deposit into our Commonwealth Bank account (please see bank details below). If you would prefer to pay by Visa or Mastercard, please add 1.5% to the total cost of your holiday package.
A word from your dedicated travel agent - Cici
Here at Norfolk Island Travel Centre, we are experts in arranging group travel!
Please let me know if there are 10+ in your group who would like to travel as there may be discounts I can secure for you.
Meeting the locals’ really is part of a Norfolk Island experience, so make sure to do so even before you travel. You’ll surely find much more than you expected on a Norfolk Island holiday.
I’d be delighted to help you with your travel bookings. Please enquire today!