QANTAS Service to Norfolk Island – Important Information
QANTAS have been engaged by the Australian Government as the carrier for Norfolk Island until 19 June 2021.
In preparation for your flight QANTAS have advised additional important information which you will need to know for your flight to Norfolk Island:
1. Let QANTAS know if you have a pre-existing medical condition. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you’re required to complete a travel clearance form. Go to our Medical Clearance page to review the information, download the form for completion and return the form to us at least 24 hours before your flight so you can be cleared for travel.
2. Check the latest Norfolk Island Government travel requirements, which may include entry permits, mandatory health declarations, use of face masks, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry. Ensure you’re aware of any restrictions that may apply at your destination, including for returning residents.
3. Baggage allowance
· Cabin baggage must not exceed 1 piece, weighing a maximum of 7kgs (15lbs) per passenger.
· Checked baggage allowance is 23kgs per passenger, where the total dimensions for each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in). You can calculate the dimensions by adding together the width, height and depth of the piece of baggage.
· Any additional baggage allowances aren’t available for this flight.
4. Wearing face masks
On boarding the aircraft, you’ll be provided with a face mask and a disposal bag for used masks. Face masks must be worn for the duration of the flight. You’ll also be required to change your mask every two hours throughout the flight, and replacement masks will be provided.
5. Inflight services
You’ll also notice some temporary changes to our services and inflight entertainment, including:
· Limited onboard food and beverages. Should you wish to bring food and non-alcoholic drinks for your flight, you’re welcome to do so. Note: as galley storage space is restricted, items you bring will need to be stored in your carry-on baggage. Drinks you choose to bring will also need to comply with any powders, liquids, aerosols and gels screening requirements where applicable.
· Inflight entertainment isn’t available, and we recommend you bring alternative material for your entertainment.
· Seat selection is also not available.
· Qantas Frequent Flyer benefits (Status Credits, Qantas Points and the option to upgrade with points) will not apply.
If you have any questions or require any further information, you can call QANTAS on a dedicated number in Australia on +61 2 8222 2422.